The Average Man

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

BEST WEEK EVER!

Well, I'm back from my vacation, but I'm having a difficult time thinking of something to write about this week. The big political thing on my mind is health care, but I'm just too upset about the whole process right now to say anything constructive.

So, instead, I'm going to list all the amazing things that happened to me last week ...

Sunday - I met up with a high school buddy of mine in Burbank, and we went to a cool little restaurant/bar called Fiamme (in Thousand Oaks) to see Jana Anderson and Sharon Celani perform. These two women are backup singers for Stevie Nicks, and they were nice enough to chat with us after the show and take a couple of pictures.

Monday - My friend and I spent most of the day at Universal Studios. If you haven't been on The Simpsons ride yet, you must do it asap!

Tuesday - The last event for my Burbank trip was a taping of the CBS show The Big Bang Theory. Despite the fact that we almost didn't get in, it turned out to be a great evening. And guest star Lewis Black was just f'ing hilarious!

Wednesday - I turned 41, drove back from Burbank, and went to (my favorite place) Hollister Brewing Company with the wife and friends for a b-day outing.

Thursday - After 18 torturous months, I got my (second set of) braces off. FYI, I'm not doing that a third time no matter how bad my teeth get.

Friday - A group of us headed down to San Diego and caught a Padres game. Before the game, though, some of us went to (another favorite place of mine) The Neighborhood. Much wonderful beer and food was consumed.

Saturday - The big event of the week was the Stone Brewing Company 13th Anniversary Beer Festival. This day included massive drinking of great beer, massive swimming in the pool, massive amounts of great food, massive playing of Wii, massive playing of pool, and massive tiredness on Sunday.

I'm not sure if this was my best week ever, but it's definitely my most eventful in recent memory. Anyway, here's hoping I have something interesting to write about next week.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger George said...

Sorry, you've used up your quota of best-ness. After 41 it's all downhill.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Chryss said...

Don't listen, Barry. It gets better and better.

Thanks for sharing so much of your week!

 
At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

many more t.l.

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Kristin Anderson said...

What a massive week! I bet you'll have something to write about next Monday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker