The Average Man

Saturday, October 10, 2009

IS OBAMA NOBEL-WORTHY?

So, one of my Republican friends chats me today to dogmatically state that it is indeed "absurd" and "shameful" that Obama should receive the Nobel Peace Prize. While I was able to get him to back off the shameful comment, he's still pretty convinced the whole thing is absurd.

Now, while I can understand those who feel the President hasn't accomplished enough for this prestigious honor, I think maybe (lighting rod) Micheal Moore said it the best in his recent post. And I especially enjoyed this quote ...

P.S. Your opposition has spent the morning attacking you for bringing such good will to this country. Why do they hate America so much? I get the feeling that if you found the cure for cancer this afternoon they'd be denouncing you for destroying free enterprise because cancer centers would have to close. There are those who say you've done nothing yet to deserve this award. As far as I'm concerned, the very fact that you've offered to walk into the minefield of hate and try to undo the irreparable damage the last president did is not only appreciated by me and millions of others, it is also an act of true bravery. That's why you got the prize. The whole world is depending on the U.S. -- and you -- to literally save this planet. Let's not let them down.

I so agree with this!

Anyway, if this entire political jibber-jabber has you down, I suggest you watch this video of pigs the size of teacups. I mean, how can you be angry after that? ...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Chryss said...

Teacup piglets! Even better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker