The Average Man

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

EW, I'VE BEEN MEMED!

Since Clinton defeated Obama by only a slim two point margin in Indiana, I think he should ... just kidding, Patrick. Nope, no politics today. Instead, I've been memed by Amy:

Here are the rules:
A) The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
B) Each player answers the questions about himself or herself.
C) At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1) Ten years ago I was...
getting used to being a first time home owner and dog owner.

2) Five things on today's to-do list:
Buy a card for someone
Read blogs
Pickup this week's comic books
Pickup dinner on my way home
Watch Top Chef

3) Things I'd do if I were a billionaire:
Buy a Montecito mansion with an ocean view and then staff it with people to take care of us.
Make movies for fun and not care if anyone watched them.
Open a "boutique" movie theater in Santa Barbara that serves food and drinks (even during the film); and hire large bouncers that kick people out WHO HAVE CONVERSATIONS BEHIND ME DURING THE MOVIE!

4) Three bad habits:
Stress and worry too much.
Don't keep in touch with old friends.
Over-think things.

5) Five places I've lived:
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Watertown, Sound Dakota
Boulder City, Nevada
Columbia, Missouri
Santa Barbara, California

6) Six jobs I've had in my life:
Bus boy
Pizza deliverer
Dish washer
Resident assistant
Database programmer
Database administrator

I think all the other bloggers I know have been memed already, so I'll have to skip that one.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Thanks for playing along!

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's kind of fun. I will volunteer this:

3) Things I'd do if I were a billionaire:

I'd buy a huge spread with lakes and ponds. My house would probably be under 3000 sq. ft, but I would have the world's biggest greenhouse and an entire staff of workers. We would have solar and wind power, electric transport, a canning operation, a bunk house. We would start a homeless shelter and feed and clothe people from the stuff we made. I don't know if I would live to see my vision through, but I would leave detailed instructions for my trust.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Trekking Left said...

Edgar - I admire your vision ... I clearly went the selfish and materialistic route :)

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

t.l., It doesn't take a billion to be materialist. Take $100M from petty cash for a binge of worldly excesses and call me in the morning. ;P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker