The Average Man

Thursday, January 22, 2009

RUSH LIMBAUGH IS A BIG FAT IDIOT

... is the title of Al Franken's 1996 book about the Right's most popular comedian.

So, I don't know why, but the title of that book popped into my head when I heard about these recent comments from Mr. Limbaugh (when asked to compose a 400-word statement about his hopes for Obama's presidency):

“Okay, I’ll send you a response, but I don’t need 400 words, I need four: I hope he fails.” ... See, here’s the point. Everybody thinks it’s outrageous to say. Look, even my staff, “Oh, you can’t do that.” Why not? Why is it any different, what’s new, what is unfair about my saying I hope liberalism fails? Liberalism is our problem. Liberalism is what’s gotten us dangerously close to the precipice here. Why do I want more of it? I don’t care what the Drive-By story is. I would be honored if the Drive-By Media headlined me all day long: “Limbaugh: I Hope Obama Fails.” Somebody’s gotta say it.

Okay, first of all, it was 8 years of Republican "conservatism" that mostly lead to the current horrible state of our union. And, secondly, doesn't hoping Obama fails mean hoping the country fails?

I have better titles for Limbaugh than idiot, but this is a family show.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Chryss said...

So, basically, "I want the whole nation to go down in flames to prove I'm right"?

How can people possibly take this guy seriously???

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Limbaugh (and Ann Coulter et all) are entertainers. They are simply doing what they are being overpaid to do.

There will always be a market for their swill, but what upsets me more is that the mainstream media keeps falling over itself to report on their latest outrage.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger TheAverageMan said...

Hey, are you calling TAM mainstream media? We resent that.

;-P

The pill-popper's comment reminds me of Grover Norquist saying he wants to "shrink government to the size where i can drown it in the bathtub".

And apparently, the CA republicans pledged to Grover to never raise taxes, which is currently holding our state budget hostage. If they don't reconsider by the end of february, we'll have no state services.

And then we'll see how well the righties actually like having no government.

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can anyone listen to that drivel and not get the feeling that the end is near?

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger George said...

You'll like this entry--at last Dems aren't trying to be nice about Limbaugh.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Trekking Left said...

George - That was great. Maybe it is time to fight Rush instead of ignoring him.

Edgar - Where are you? When I click on your blog link, it says "Blog has been removed."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker