The Average Man

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

STUFF

So, I had this great post brewing in my head about Valerie Plame's visit to Santa Barbara last Saturday, but the Santa Barbara Daily Sound pretty much covered the highlights. Therefore, this week's post is just going to be some random thoughts ...

**********

Well, Dale Francisco manged to beat an incumbent and score a seat on Santa Barbara's City Council. This just goes to show that reading and responding to my blog is good for your political career (I'm talking to you, Hillary!). Anyway, I look forward to Mr. Francisco's plans to aggressively not pursue alternative transportation. Dale -- can I call you Dale? -- I hope you keep your word and do champion green technologies and alternative fuels. I don't think you will. Prove me wrong.

**********

There are actually a couple of things the Sound left out regarding Valerie Plame's recent SB engagement:

1) It was $150 to get in. Add to that a strong nudging to buy raffle tickets plus the purchase of her book to be signed, and it was quite an expensive day. Still happy I went, though.

2) The “Call me naïve, but I didn’t expect treason by senior Administration officials.” comment was the biggest applause line of the day.

3) Joe Wilson is a UCSB graduate and, thus, the main reason she spoke here. Go, Gauchos!

4) There was a veritable who's who of local Democratic politicians there. In fact, I sat one seat over from Marty Blum. The appearance apparently didn't help Brian Barnwell, though.

4) Joe and Valerie are just awesome people. They, more than anyone else, have really exposed the horriblness of the Bush administration in my opinion. Keep fighting the good fight, guys!

**********

I have to admit that I am kind of bummed about the WGA writer's strike. This TV season has been surprisingly strong. With exciting new shows like Chuck, Pushing Daisies, and Reaper; and returning favorites like House and Boston Legal; I'm really quite distressed with all the discussion of a much shortened season. Not to mention that fact that great shows like Stewart and Colbert are already off the air. Personally, I'm totally with the writers on this one, but I still don't like it.

**********

P.S. I'm going to be out of town most of next week, so I probably won't post anything. Take care!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger George said...

They, more than anyone else, have really exposed the horribleness of the Bush administration

Not to malign the Plames, but I think anyone killed fighting in Iraq "wins" that prize. And that's leaving out all the Iraqis killed....

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Trekking Left said...

I would agree ... I guess by "exposed" I was more thinking of the behind-closed-doors policy horribleness.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger SantaBarbarian said...

Dale doesn't believe in Global Warming. Thinks it's a hoax.

He also confessed to buying "how to talk to a Liberal"...like we're any different than other human beings.

what a maroon.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Trekking Left said...

Hey Jill,

Yeah, Dale worries me for sure. I'm actually kind of surprised that we would elect a Republican who is supported by the News-Press in this climate. What it comes down to, I think, is that Brian Barnwell ran a bad campaign, but Dale ran a strong one.

He said yesterday that he wasn't going to let his politics get in the way of doing what's best for the city or whatever. His stance on alternative transportation has already proven that's not true in my opinion.

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have a nice blogcation, t.l., see you on the flip side.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker