The Average Man

Monday, November 19, 2007

GLOBAL WARNINGS AND CLIMATE CHANGES

So, I attended a work related conference in Los Angeles last week, and while I was there, they said on the local news that one of those days broke the record for warmest day in history (for that date). The day I got back, I spoke to my Mom on the phone, and we discussed how Lake Mead (near where I grew up) is drying up. The week before that, I watched a special Today Show where Matt Lauer and Ann Curry filmed segments from both Poles simultaneously. Much of their reporting was about the devastating effects of global warming in those regions. And finally, while attending the conference. the IPCC's final global warming report came out and gave a dire warning about climate change and emphasized the fact that we have to act before it's too late.

Since Thanksgiving is around the corner, I would like to say that I am thankful for all those people who continue to fight the fight for this important cause. And I am also thankful that those who think global warming is a myth are losing the battle. I hope next year I will be thankful that our government has taken aggressive action, but I suppose I'll have to be thankful if they do anything at all.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger M.C. Confrontation said...

Matt Lauer, Ann Curry, AND the United Nations are espousing the global warming hysteria?

Holy shit I must have been WAAAY off track then. Okay, I believe in it now.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger TheAverageMan said...

At last! We knew you'd eventually come around. Be honest -- it was Matt Lauer that clinched it, right?

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi t.l.,

I'm glad you got back okay. They took the scrubbers off the coal smokestacks, and refuse to raise cafe standards. I am not hopeful for anything good from the gubbermint.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger M.C. Confrontation said...

No, it was the fact that the U.N. is addressing the issue. I am working hard right now to find links for JQB to prove that whenever the UN undertakes any issue, be it peacekeeping in Somalia, stealing money from Iraqis in the Oil for Food program, or arguing about useless resolutions which they will never enforce, it undeniably contributes to the deterioration of the ozone layer, the melting of the polar icecaps, and the general stinkification of the air we breathe.

Official report to follow.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Trekking Left said...

Thanks, Edgar. Yeah, and it doesn't help when the inventor of the Prius fights the raising of cafe standards as well.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger M.C. Confrontation said...

Hey guys. I know this post is old but i'm assuming you get all the comments emailed to you. I was justhoping you might dedicate a post in reply to this:

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=f80a6386-802a-23ad-40c8-3c63dc2d02cb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker