The Average Man

Friday, August 12, 2005

Soldier's Mom Demands Answers

Hero of the WeekPresident Bush's peaceful vacation of brush clearing has been interrupted this week by Cindy Sheehan, the mother of a soldier killed in Iraq in a helicoper crash last year. She has camped herself outside his Crawford TX "ranch" until he agrees to meet with her, face-to-face, and explain the exact reason for the war that took her son's life.

Brave lady. I can imagine if my son died this way, I would want to do the same thing but I honestly don't know if I'd actually follow through with it like she has.

Today, his motorcade passed by her and the whole group of people that have gathered with her, on the way to a $2 million RNC fundraising barbecue, but didn't slow down. She was holding up a sign that said "Why do you make time for donors and not for me?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker